Spent a go 2 hours or more putting the decals on the NSR Porsche 911RSR
this evening. The decals were very thin and with some of them being quite long and narrow I had more than a few problems. Some of the decals decided to fold back on their selves when being slide of the backing sheet and I just could not get them apart again so a few errors and bad spots.
Will hopefully give them a clearcoat tomorrow, fingers crossed for no reactions.
The Revoslot Porsche 911
had a problem at the rear which showed up when I tested the car on my club's wooden track. The back of the car was bouncing about and on close inspection the problem appeared to an out off square wheel, tyre or even a bent axle. As I don't have any 3mm axles or wheels and no tyres that fit the rimmed wheels on the car I put it to one side. In todays Pendles delivery I received a pair of Revoslot 2.38mm bearings, these have now been fitted to the cars along with a new axle and replacement wheels and NSR tyres. Although not eligible for any club classes I will try the car again this week at my club to see how it goes now.
Also in the Pendle's delivery was a pack of Plafit spacers and I have changed the front chassis/axle and guide mounting point, on the red Mini Sprint
, and have put the spring back in place along with a smaller spacer, from this pack, which will allow a small amount of movement but nothing like the original setup. I have also had to reduce the wheelbase slightly to make sure the guide isn't visible from above.